Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Read "THE SHACK"


Oh my goodness! Have you read "The Shack"? Kristen gave me a copy for Christmas and I've just now finished it. No, I'm not a slow reader! Quilting got in the way of reading straight through it! But I'm going to read it again - it's a wonderful work of fiction yet it makes perfect sense of how God and Christ want to be right in the center of our lives. I do hope you get a chance to read it. There's an excerpt on the website www.theshackbook.com if you'd like to start there.

No sewing today. Quite a bit of real work to do and this afternoon, DH's mother fell and broke her hip. She'll have surgery tomorrow and have to recuperate for awhile. There may be another "slight delay" in my getting to do more sewing and quilting. We'll see how things work out. First of the month is coming up and that's always a busy time at the grocery store but maybe next week I can catch up. Which brings to mind a serious question: Is quilting like sleeping where we can never make up the part we lost? Surely not!

No comments: