Thursday, September 30, 2010

Winter Socks

Didn't do any quilting today- it's hard when you spend all day "working" to do quilting but I did get away with working on my new socks. My friend Kat in Louisiana has made socks & was saying how nice they are to wear in the winter. I've knitted before, but not socks so I thought I'd give it a try. I found some pretty yarn at Hobby Lobby and some instruction books on sale. Then instead of using those books, I followed a tutorial at ComeToSilver. These socks start at the cuff. One sock is done past the heel and into the decreasing section around the foot, the other sock is done to where the heal is ready to be started. You can't really tell about the sock in this picture but you can see the pretty colors in the yarn. I'll have to wear them at home where I can see them. If I wore them to the store, they'd be under my britches and I wouldn't be able to see the colors, now, would I? And isn't that what colorful socks are all about?

Guess what? OSU just won!  (Oklahoma State University)

1 comment:

fancystitching said...

OOOOOOO.... those are really looking neat!! Are you having fun??