Sunday, August 26, 2012

Memory Quilt

I've made several T-shirt quilts. Some people call them "memory" quilts.  This one was hard. It took awhile....
  I like to use the picture portion of the shirt, omitting the blank shirt space. Ends up like puzzle. And that border is actually a chenille robe. There are pieces of  pj's, a knitted cap, some lace, a shirt with a pocket, and lots of the Zeta crowns...
  The young lady whose clothing this was has beat us all to heaven so every single slice into the garments carried its own special feeling.  Doubly- because her mom is my friend, and because the young lady & I were Zeta sisters. She as at OU, I was at OSU. I hope I did honor to your daughter's things, my friend.

 I did my best.

2 comments:

fancystitching said...

so you solved the puzzle of what to do with the robe... Great job! This is a fabulous quilt... I know your friend will cherish it.

marilyn said...

I know what you mean about these being the hardest quilts. I have two that need attention right now, one is for the daughter and grandkids of my friend who drown last September. I finally got some of her clothes and just can't cut into them yet. The other is for my sister in law whose mom just died this summer (my husband's mom). My husband and I kept many of her shirts so I could make a quilt for her. I've got them all cut out, but haven't had the energy to tackle this challenge. You did a great job on this quilt.