Saturday, October 18, 2008

Constellation

Howdy! Welcome to one of my follow-up therapy sessions. What's that? I've said for 30 years now that quilting and sewing are my therapy. Everyone has to have therapy when one holds down an 8-5 job, raises kids and a hubby, and cares for a home, right? This type of "therapy" can be expensive but at least it doesn't run up a bill "by the hour"! So this follow-up is a summary of today's Quilting Therapy!


Our new Bernina dealer is creating a new classroom area in her shop that will be great for Square in a Square classes...well, for ALL classes, of course! And in November, I'll be teaching a Square in a Square class to test it out. I hope you'll come!


Today I've worked on recreating a small quilt called Constellation. The pattern included with Jodi Barrows' Square in a Square tool. This particular quilt doesn't take long to complete and it teaches 2 of the most popular of the 38 different triangle options available in this technique. Like all quilts, the look changes with the fabrics used. Today's is done in Moda Peace on Earth fabrics and is going to be lovely when done.



















No comments: