Saturday, April 2, 2011

SnS again, 2nd time in 2 days?

Yes, SnS not SOS!  Although SOS would be good too-- HHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLp!
I need all the help I can get-- most of the time!

More seriously, SnS is our little abbreviation for Square in a Square technique by Jodi Barrows. I got that email inquiring about my doing a guild program. Later that day, a lady showed up at our grocery store- which also sells quilty stuff-- with a lady asking about a Square in a Square ruler.  Sadly, I hadn't brought the rulers nor SnS books to the store. I found out the lady lived at Lone Grove so she came over Thursday evening and we had a mini personal quilting class- just the two of us!  GREAT FUN! I kinda feel sorry for Linda because I haven't gotten to share quilting with anyone- you know- like a group or retreat or class -- in a really long time! 2 years, in fact! So poor Linda got all my pent-up want-you-to-know-this-too outburst of ideas & techniques in about 2 hours! In addition to demonstrating the SnS Options 1 & 4 and cutting scraps up so Linda could actually MAKE three,  I showed her the technique on this blog post that I used making the pinwheels for this quilt.
Linda is a very astute lady and a quick learner-- it was a JOY having her here & getting to share.  She had all the appropriate oohs & ahs & ah-hahs at seeing how these techniques work. It was an awesome evening. Thank you, Linda! 

No comments: