Monday, September 26, 2011

Wishful Thinking

We had our 2nd "2-day weekend" in Key Grocery history!  Stan got the rest of the winter forage planted, and I got...something..... done.  I'm bound to have gotten "something" done. Just gotta figure out what it was, I guess.  No sewing or quilting! That's for sure! BUT--- I did work on straightening up the sewing studio.  Had to!  Sold my sister's auto & I needed to hunt for some paperwork in all her papers that I brought to our house, all of which was piled in my studio!

It was a very emotional weekend- going through someone else's stuff feels quite odd & was very emotional. Watching Ann's record keeping progress from exacting & intricate to "I don't understand this, ask Alicia or Laura or Clay"  reminded me constantly how scary it must be for her to experience this Alzheimers. I wish....I wish...I wish it didn't have to be so!


More wishful thinking:  When I can't sew, I'm often looking at quilting magazines or catalogs.  I've come across a new pattern maker- new to me, that is.  Chris Hoover has a number of patterns in the Keepsake Quilting catalog, and more on her website http://whirligigdesigns.com/.  I wish I could whip these out! Take a look: 

Aren't they great?  Of course I started sketching them but it's easier just to order the patterns. Hmmm, I better take care of that pronto!

1 comment:

fancystitching said...

Praying for you to have much peace during this difficult time, my friend. I understand somewhat because of what we went through with David's dad, but yet that was not nearly as huge a change (and he was much older than your sister is.)

LOVE all of those quilt patterns! They are really nice eye candy.